Sakai UCamp - brainstorming ideas
barbara.glover at utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 7 20:56:01 UTC 2007
We've had some really great brainstorming ideas for the Sakai UCamp
which I'm listing below. If you have any to add, please either reply
to this email or add them to the wiki page which I'll be updating
Next Meeting: Thursday, November 15th. Time TBD - see upcoming emails.
Proposed Format for UCamp:
- morning - Design talks around UCD ideas (see list below)
- afternoon - Design + Developer collaboration on a project (Sprint
UCD Topics for Potential Talks/Workshops:
* "How to do a UX Walkthrough"
* How to do a Contexual Inquiry
* How to test with users
- mock user test ala unconference
* How to use UI Design Patterns
* UCD Techniques
- competitive analysis
- heuristic evaluations
- user needs assessment: based on talk that Daphne, Allison, and
- prototype/usability testing
-workshop on personas:
- mock user research, create draft personas exercise
* Tips for Developers
* How scenarios enable requirements
* Agile Design Philosophies
Design + Developer Collaboration (Sprint project)
When proposing suggestions, please keep these ideas in mind since
we'll have a limited time during the Sprint (4 hours)
-Small enough that we can do the design in the next few weeks.
-Design well enough understood to start implementing but not fully
defined so questions arise around trade-offs and challenges that
designers and developers can work through together.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fluid-work