Tab and arrow keys in the Lightbox component

Richard Schwerdtfeger schwer at us.ibm.com
Thu May 24 13:30:33 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,

The documens in an IFrame  or Frame are entirely different documents. So,
yes, if you use an IFrame you would have to do what you suggest. I would
argue, however, that using an IFrame is no longer necessary. You can define
your navigation to these areas. I believe both IE and FF use the CSS
properties to make the <div> scrollable if we desired it to.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             Mark Norton
             <markjnorton at eart
             hlink.net>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  Anastasia Cheetham
             fluid-work-bounce         <a.cheetham at utoronto.ca>
             s at fluidproject.or                                          cc
             g                         fluid-work at fluidproject.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Tab and arrow keys in the
             05/23/2007 03:55          Lightbox component
             PM

             Please respond to
             markjnorton at earth
                 link.net

Anastasia Cheetham wrote:

> But the tab key currently doesn't move focus within the major areas
> inside the tool e.g. in the case of the Gallery, between the
> Collections list on the left and the photos on the right. We will need
> to address this somehow.

Is this a browser function, or a matter of adding appropriate
Javascript?  I'm not sure I'd expect the focus to step down into an
iFrame from the browser window, unless the user selects an object in the
frame.

- Mark Norton