Tab and arrow keys in the Lightbox component

Richard Schwerdtfeger schwer at us.ibm.com
Wed May 23 14:35:51 UTC 2007

Joseph,

Safari does not support the change to TABINDEX (for values 0 and -1). I am
pushing on Apple to add support for this in WebKit. Opera 9, IE, and FF
support this change.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             Joseph
             Scheuhammer
             <clown at utoronto.c                                          To
             a>                        Richard
                                       Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
             05/23/2007 09:27                                           cc
             AM                        fluid-work at fluidproject.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Tab and arrow keys in the
                                       Lightbox component

Rich wrote:

> Selection is achieved, in this example, by hitting cntrl right arrow
> or down arrow and then hitting the space bar to "select" the element ..

A fussy nuance:  on the Mac in Camino or FF the modifier key is "cmd",
not "cntrl".  With respect to Safari, I can't seem to get keyboard focus
into the spread sheet at all, never mind modifier keys...

--
;;;;joseph

"Do nine men interpret?" "Nine men," I nod
        - "Bob", W. A. Yankovic -