icons in action!

Ian Boston ian at caret.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 23:59:05 UTC 2007

Daphne Ogle wrote:
> I'm adding the UI list to the conversation (btw -- we probably shouldn't
> assume the UI community reads all the dev list emails...at least not at
> the same level as the UI list).
>
> This is a great idea!  I'm happy to help however I can.  From a design
> standpoint it seems like you most need the skills of visual and/or
> graphic designers and UI developers.  Unfortunately, Seamus, who did our
> new skin at Berkeley is heading back to Ireland in 2 weeks so we are bit
> lacking in the visual design respect right now.  Let me know how I can
> help though.

Daphne,

That would be great. I will leave Gonzalo to lead here as he has years
of experience with the portal markup.... but I, personally, would like
to implement something that has wide community (not just Sakai) support,
however small the changes are, so any help will be welcome.

If you all come to a consensus on something that needs major surgery,
and the community wants it, then I think thats ok also (at least within
the portal) since I think it will be relatively easy and painless to
implement.

I am not certain Im on all these lists, so if you dont see it appear,
please feel free to forward.

Thanks
Ian