[Fluid-announce] Fluid Fall 2007 Summit Meeting in Toronto

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 17 00:08:39 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

We're planning another face-to-face meeting during the week of September
24-28, 2007 here in Toronto. More details are available in the wiki:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Fall+2007+Fluid+Summit

I apologize for the delay in updating you on our plans. This was
originally scheduled as an architecture-specific meeting in early
August. However, it quickly became clear that there were also a lot of
user experience topics that are best addressed in a focussed,
face-to-face environment.

This will be a working meeting for designers, testers, and developers on
the project. We will focus on building consensus and defining concrete
direction for our component road map, technical architecture, and user
experience work. Most agenda items won't be just brainstorming, but
rather will involve working on concrete plans and proposals.

The summit will include coding sessions and an opportunity to learn
about accessibility and work with assistive technologies in the ATRC
workshop. Everyone is welcome; bring your plans, ideas, and skills.

So, to reiterate, we will *not* be meeting in August as originally
planned. Instead, we'd love to have you visit us in Toronto from
September 24-28. I hope we'll see contributors from the Sakai, uPortal,
and Moodle communities join us.

Please let me know if you can make it,