[Accessforall] When is the next 24751 call ?

Liddy Nevile liddy at sunriseresearch.org
Tue Jul 2 18:24:15 EDT 2013

Jutta

you may have funded projects but the task at hand for IS0 SC36 members
is to do the best re-write of 24751 creating an online registry,
because these are necessary if people are to be able to use the terms,
and an application profile that conforms to 19788 as Part 3. What
others want, or do, is actually not relevant unless it contributes to
this activity.

I am not sure that funding of private groups for ISO standards
development is acceptable, in fact. Nations pay to participate in ISO
and they make the standards. Australia, for example, does not accept
that people who are not even members of SC36 should be funded to make
standards they want. I think this action is very questionable an I
think that the funding bodies should not fund such projects. Quite a
different matter if they were funding the development of the ISO
standard .... but that is not the case here.

I would like to know what Erlend can tell us about this.

In the meantime, as a co-editor of Parts 1 and 2, I am looking forward
to seeing a document that does what I think we were asked to do - as
above. Decisions must be made by SC36 members, not the GPII group, or
a CfAll or other group. I am very happy that other work is done
elsewhere, but ISO work should be done according to ISO rules, IMHO.

So the next call?
  Whenever it is, please make sure we are told several days in advance
as it often dictates more in our lives than just the meeting, and
please have a clear agenda and stick to it. We have a very important
and difficult job to do.

Please note that the email address for Helle has not been the correct
address so she has not been receiving the emails....it is correct for
this email

Liddy