[Accessforall] Tue calls on personal needs and preferences (PNP) suspended until further notice

Gottfried Zimmermann (List) zimmermann at accesstechnologiesgroup.com
Thu Sep 6 10:27:33 EDT 2012

Dear Access-for-All and Cloud4all partners,

we have had a series of weekly conference calls on Tuesday from November
2011 until July 2012 (see
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/ISO24751/Meetings+-+Minutes+and+Agendas
).

These calls were successful, and we have defined a framework for a
registry-based approach that will be the basis for the revision of ISO/IEC
24751. The most important result is the glossary, in which we defined the
structure of the registry, user preference set and context. See
http://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Glossary. In Cloud4All, we are already
working on the implementation of these concepts.

As far as I can see, there are currently two main topics in our scope which
we haven't resolved yet:

1.       An alternate way for describing conditions.

2.       Rules for the maintenance of the term registry (validation team,
submissions, etc.) - this will be required for a part of 24751.

For both topics, there is currently no proposal available that could be
discussed.  Time is precious for all of us, and there are more urgent things
in the GPII pipeline than those two topics.

Having discussed this with Jutta and Gregg, we propose to suspend the
Tuesday calls on personal needs and preferences, until further notice.  If
any of you wants to contribute to the two topics named above, or has other
topics that should be discussed in this group, please let us know.

I apologize to those who were on the call last Tuesday, because I forgot to
send an announcement.

Thank you very much for your support so far, i appreciate it,

Gottfried

(Co-chair of the Access-for-All working group)

 Gottfried Zimmermann

 Prof. Mobile User Interaction

Hochschule der Medien, Stuttgart, Germany

Phone: +49 711 8923-2751

 Email:  <mailto:gzimmermann at hdm-stuttgart.de> gzimmermann at hdm-stuttgart.de

Web:  <http://www.hdm-stuttgart.de/home/gzimmermann>
http://www.hdm-stuttgart.de/home/gzimmermann