[Accessforall] Format of Registry names (spaces, camelCase)

Christophe Strobbe strobbe at hdm-stuttgart.de
Tue Oct 23 09:00:32 EDT 2012

I have summarised the discussion at
<http://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Discussion_on_Profile_Structure#Format_of_Registry_Names>.
We have not reached a decision on this topic. I think there is an explicit
agreement to test a naming convention before we propose it to the editors
of ISO/IEC 24751, but there is no agreement yet on what naming convention
we are going to test.

Best regards,

Christophe

Am Di, 16.10.2012, 20:24 schrieb Gregg Vanderheiden:
> yes
> all information should be posted to the Cloud4all/GPII  WIKI.
> We have recently talked about creating a  DECISIONS page to collect
decisions or to provide a way to POINT to DECISIONS that are posted
within
> the WIKI.
> Send thoughts on this to  Kasper
> The basic idea
> a)  We have a GLOSSARY page and a DECISIONS page.
> b) for TERMINOLOGY - - the GLOSSARY page would contain all decisions.
ESTABLISHED words would be highlighted -- and not changed without due
consideration.
> c) other DECISIONS -- would have a summary on a DECISIONS page -- with a
link to a SPECIAL BLOCK listing the decision - on whichever page(s) the
decision is also relevant.       The decision and the date and the group
that made it
> The basic principles would be
> When decisions are made they are documented
> Including who made them, when they were made.
> Decisions can be found
> their documented in the topic area where they are made
> a link to the decisions along with a brief statement of the decision are

> included in a central place
>  listed by topic
>  listed by date so that people can check the latest decisions
> It seems like a lot of work, but with so many different groups working
on
> interrelated things and interdependent things becomes important. It can
also actually help foster the making of decisions, as well as making
sure everybody knows when something is decided or changes Kasper is
working on this now
http://GPII.net
> On Oct 16, 2012, at 8:17 AM, Andy Heath <andyheath at axelrod.plus.com> wrote:
>>> OK. This then leads to the next question: should this naming
convention
>>> be
>>> part of ISO 24751?
>> That might be for the editors to decide because there are others (e.g.
in ISO) who have input to decisions, but please where cloud4all does
make decisions like this could they all be documented in a single place
so that 24751 editors can pick them up and decide whether/how to carry
them forwards into the standard.