[Accessforall] [Architecture] Format of Registry names (spaces, camelCase)

Gregg Vanderheiden gv at trace.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 16 14:24:29 EDT 2012

yes
all information should be posted to the Cloud4all/GPII  WIKI.

We have recently talked about creating a  DECISIONS page to collect decisions or to provide a way to POINT to DECISIONS that are posted within the WIKI.

Send thoughts on this to  Kasper

The basic idea

a)  We have a GLOSSARY page and a DECISIONS page.

b) for TERMINOLOGY - - the GLOSSARY page would contain all decisions.   ESTABLISHED words would be highlighted -- and not changed without due consideration.

c) other DECISIONS -- would have a summary on a DECISIONS page -- with a link to a SPECIAL BLOCK listing the decision - on whichever page(s) the decision is also relevant.       The decision and the date and the group that made it

The basic principles would be
When decisions are made they are documented
Including who made them, when they were made.
Decisions can be found
their documented in the topic area where they are made
a link to the decisions along with a brief statement of the decision are  included in a central place
 listed by topic
 listed by date so that people can check the latest decisions

It seems like a lot of work, but with so many different groups working on interrelated things and interdependent things becomes important.

It can also actually help foster the making of decisions, as well as making sure everybody knows when something is decided or changes

Kasper is working on this now

If anyone has any ideas on this please ping me and  Kasper

thanks

and Biomedical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison
Technical Director - Cloud4all Project - http://Cloud4all.info
Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International - http://Raisingthefloor.org
and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project -  http://GPII.net