[Accessforall] Codes for languages in ISO 24751 and the registry

Gregg Vanderheiden gv at trace.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 3 13:18:14 EDT 2012

I think that having language and country codes is a great idea.

Wd DO need to decide which codes to use.  I think the square brackets were because an official decision was not made yet

But I think using the ISO codes for both would be the right thing to do.  I added the arch list to see if someone knows  why two letter codes are currently used.  (W3C?)

We also should say something like  "if no country is specified then ...."
(is there a default country for all languages specified somewhere?)
we might say the country of origin -- but I'm not sure all languages have an (existing) country of origin anymore.

Good catch Christophe.
Lets get a decision and then record it in the Glossary.

I wonder if we should have a decision registry somewhere since we have so many people involved.

and Biomedical Engineering
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Technical Director - Cloud4all Project - http://Cloud4all.info
http://Raisingthefloor.org   ---   http://GPII.net