[Accessforall] Needs & Preferences call today at 12:00 UTC

Liddy Nevile liddy at sunriseresearch.org
Tue Jun 12 10:49:31 UTC 2012

Matthew

I think you are right in thinking that this sort of work should be
able to sit on top of what we are doing.

Probably the interesting questions will be how is the best way to
provide the user with something better than they have asked for...but
we are very conscious of not wanting to think that we can solve
problems by classifying people by their disabilities - we are adamant
that what is done for a user is according to what they have asked for,
their stated requirements, not what we think might be their
requirements given their disabilities - not something we will know.
This latter rule comes about because we are determined to work with
people's requirements without assuming they can be determined from a
person's disabilities - which has not worked in the past and is
against our philosophy anyway.

Not sure if this helps?

Liddy