[Accessforall] Proposed plan for the preferences working group (incl. context & device task forces)

Gottfried Zimmermann zimmermann at accesstechnologiesgroup.com
Sat Jul 21 10:02:21 UTC 2012

Hi everybody involved in the preferences work of GPII,

summer break is approaching, and some of us may already be on vacation.  I
would like to propose the following time plan for our further work on
preferences and needs within GPII and Cloud4All:

.         Tue Jul 24, 12:00 UTC (=2pm CET): Final Context Task Force call.
Goal: Define a structure for storing context related terms in a registry, so
that these terms can be used in the conditions part of user preferences.  I
will prepare a proposal for discussion.

.         Thu Jul 26, 14:00 UTC (=4pm CET): Final Device Task Force call.
Define a structure for storing device related terms in a registry, so that
these terms can be used in the conditions part of user preferences.

.         Tue Jul 31, 12:00 UTC (=2pm CET): Joint call of the overall
Preferences working group (incl. context and device task forces), and the
Cloud4All A103.1 group on context-related profile modification rules (this
group is led by Andres Iglesias).  This joint call will be some kind of
"handover" between the groups, so that the work on context within Cloud4All
can move on.

For August, I don't plan to have any calls - due to summer break.

In September, we might need further calls for support of the ISO/IEC 24751
editors group.  This may include discussion of a maintenance process for the
registry (i.e. determination of an initial set of core terms, and approval
of future applications on terms).  Maybe Jutta (as chief editor) can let us
know when she wants to have our input on this.

Is this plan reasonable?  - Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann

 Professor Mobile User Interaction

  <http://www.accesstechnologiesgroup.com/> Access Technologies Group,