[Accessforall] [Profiles] "User preference key" instead of"User ID"

Jim Tobias tobias at inclusive.com
Fri Jul 6 15:35:40 UTC 2012

I think there's another dimension we should be taking into account, not just here but throughout our work -- the degrees of awareness, autonomy, experience, and confidence of the users. For many, perhaps most, of GPII's intended potential users, the best description of a good starting point would be "for people with low vision" because it's easy to understand and relate to, even if the generic settings will not meet all their needs -- the alternative of walking through all the continua and features is going to be off-putting.

Maybe the best way to balance the many values in play is to assume that there will be different GPII points of entry, and to make the wizards or PNP construction or editing tools responsive to the people most likely to come along each of those paths.

******
Jim Tobias
Inclusive Technologies
tobias at inclusive.com