[Accessforall] "User preference key" instead of "User ID"

Gregg Vanderheiden gv at trace.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 6 09:32:09 UTC 2012

statements doesn’t grok to me semantically.

I think SET is a much clearer term to the lay public

just for grins I looked at wikipedia.

A kind of Expression (language) in language (linguistics)
GV: not a good fit
Statement (logic), declarative sentence that is either true or false
GV:  really not a good fit
Statement (computer science), the smallest standalone element of an imperative programming language
GV:  nope
"Statement" (song), 2008 song by the Japanese band Boris
Statements (album), 1962 album by jazz vibraphonist Milt Jackson
Financial statements, formal records of the financial activities of a business, person, or other entity
Mathematical statement, a statement in logic and mathematics
Political statement, any act or nonverbal form of communication that is intended to influence a decision to be made for or by a group
Press statement, written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media
Statement of Special Educational Needs, outlining specific provision needed for a child in England
a paper size also known as organizer L or half letter

GV:  none fit

Set
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Set may refer to:
[edit]Mathematics and programming

Set (mathematics), A collection of well defined and distinct objects
GV:  yep

Set theory
Category of sets
Set (computer science), a data type that is a collection of unique values
GV:  Yep
Set (C++), an implementation of Set (computer science) in the C++ language Standard Template Library (STL)
[edit]Chemistry

SET, single electron transfer
[edit]Psychology

Set (psychology), a set of expectations which shapes perception or thought
[edit]Technology

Set, to make/become solid: see Solidification
A television set
SET, Secure Electronic Transaction, a standard protocol for securing credit card transactions over insecure networks
SET, Single-Electron Transistor, a device to amplify currents in nanoelectronics
SET, single-ended triode, a type of electronic amplifier
SET Awards, The Science, Engineering & Technology Student of the Year Awards
Set (command), a command for manipulating environment variables in Unix and Microsoft operating-systems
Software Engineer in Test, a Quality Assurance job title in some software companies
Saw set, the process of setting the teeth of a saw so each tooth protrudes to the side of the blade

[edit]

and Biomedical Engineering
University of Wisconsin-Madison

http://Raisingthefloor.org   ---   http://GPII.net