[Accessforall] [SP1] Context description meeting today at 2pm CET (starts in 10 minutes)

Andres Iglesias aiglesias at technosite.es
Tue Jul 3 14:09:38 UTC 2012

Dear all,

One of the task we were going to discuss was if ISO 24756 (CAP) was relevant
to this task force. Unfortunately due to my audio connection issues we
weren’t able to talk about it. So please read these lines and let me know
what you think. Sorry for not writing them properly, but I planned to speak
rather than write, and I prefer to have this ready to you as soon as
possible.

On page 11 (19 PDF) we have Modality type (e.g.: auditory, tactile), Media
types (e.g.: Gesture, Sound), language à following ISO 639-3

It also recommends ISO 80000 for units of measurements.

On page 33 it talks about “timeout” (Yes, I know that’s something we should
avoid from accessibility point of view, but there are some devices such as
ATMs that probably would have a timeout even if we don’t like it)

The ISO redirects me to its main author’s thesis. On page 18 (33 PDF)
directly talks about Context.

On page 23 talks about life changes, in a RFC fashion we can see

Birth

Accident/Illness

Ageing

Recovery

Assistance

Learning

On page 49 talks about how the environment may struggle for the same channel
that our desired communication and gives us the example of a radio playing
on the same place that our communication (see fig 2.19 on page 50)

On page 55 it talks about the communications capabilities:

Capacity

Parallel

Serial

Degree

Intermittent

Devoted

Which can be part of our ruleset if we want, e.g., to provide the UI with
the fewer possible number of parallel channels to be used.

On page 180 characterizes the environment using the CAP itself. The first
example (conference hall) is very useful to see how the environment may
provoke an impact to our UI recommendations.

Kind regards,

--

Andrés Iglesias Pérez

Investigador  I+D+i | R&D Researcher

Departamento de I+D+i | R&D Department

Dirección de Tecnologías Accesibles e I+D+i | Accessible Technology and
R&D&i Management

Technosite, Grupo Fundosa | Fundosa Group

C/ Albasanz, 16, 3ºB. 28037. Madrid. Spain

Tel:             +34 91.121.03.30

Fax: +34 91.375.70.51

aiglesias at technosite.es