[Accessforall] Draft of new standard

Christophe Strobbe christophestrobbe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 10:06:12 UTC 2012

Let me rephrase my second question.  One of the statements in the current conformance section is: "IT systems are conformant when they gather and/or process Personal Needs and Preference descriptions as specified in ISO/IEC 24751 to deliver digital resources that match each user's needs and preferences.". I know we don't support the description of persons in this standard (or in Cloud4all), but that was not my question.
The issue is as follows: Assume that a system stores both needs & preferences AND characteristics of users. Since it stores needs & prefs, it meets this conformance requirement. I think the current wording in the conformance section does not *prohibit* the storage or processing of use characteristics. Is this intentional? (Or am I just paranoid? ;-) )

Best regards,

Christophe