[Accessforall] On how to represent our model

Erlend Øverby erlend.overby at karde.no
Fri Feb 10 16:06:52 UTC 2012

Hi All

I was in a meeting all day yesterday, and missed the interesting discussion.

However I have tried to explain why I think we should go for a established semantic-web approach like RDF that are supported by many vendors, with a huge set of tools.

My ranting is at: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/ISO24751/erlend-rdf

There was a mention that we should take into account the accessibility API's that have been standardised for different platforms (prohibiting interoperability of AT) so that the preferences also would match the different API's.

I think this is a wrong apporach, I think our preferences should be independent of any API.

It is important to separate metadata (descriptions) and the applications using these descriptions.

And we should do our discussions in the wiki for visibility and to make sure that we have everything in one place.

My 3 cent

Erlend