[Accessforall] The Application Block

Liddy Nevile liddy at sunriseresearch.org
Wed Feb 8 23:40:08 UTC 2012

I agree

- Andy, please share your critique of 24751 because we are not yet
clear about what we should do in the future.

Also,
I think the point about details and devices etc is really important.
In the metadata world, we have learned that it is really important to
be able to have global and local metadata mixed together. That means
that if I have something that is important, implemented, and of use to
my community, I want to be able to add that to the metadata without
having to ask anyone or change any functionality. On the other hand,
it might be something that I don't really want to share, or that is
unlikely to be of interest to anyone else.

As Eric Miller pointed out yesterday, one of the great things about
the Web and using the web as a database is that then things can be
added without recourse to some agency or authority - this is critical
to our clientele, I think.

Liddy