[Accessforall] On context

Liddy Nevile liddy at sunriseresearch.org
Mon Feb 6 21:57:18 UTC 2012

Erlend
I like what you have done. I fully agree hat we should not add an
attribute (so-called) that is context because in metadata terms we
would then be describing two things - and for many systems that is not
going to work. On the other hand, as I think you are saying, if what
we are describing in talking about the user's needs is the context
description, we avoid this problem and without braking how metadata
works, we can have descriptions such as some 'early morning needs'
that are different from 'late afternoon needs' etc

Again, I urge people to use the wiki please!!!

PS - Gottfried - can you move your page up to top level or perhaps
somewhere else more prominent? - this 'context' issue is currently
buried in the minutes when I think it is more important than that! I
have notes about it under the page - Thoughts on New Work...

Liddy