[Accessforall] Alternative way of handling conditions (was Re: I presume our meetings ...)

Christophe Strobbe christophestrobbe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 14:35:31 UTC 2012

Dear Liddy,

In your proposal, are the strings "language", "notEnglish-TV-format", "subtitle-fontsize-1800-0600", "volume-0900-1700" the keys or names (modelled as URLs in the other parts of the scenario)?

Time (when expressed as e.g. 1800-0600) and location (when expressed as GPS co-ordinates) are not discrete but continuous values, so when you integrate them into the keys, the keys are no longer discrete values. Also, the conditions can change, for example, when in our scenario Martha decides that she wants the xxlarge subtitle fontsize between 1900-0800 instead of 1800-0600. So when we integrate these conditions into the keys, the keys become unstable (i.e. they vary over time). Is this desirable? If yes, why?
If I misunderstood what you meant, please let me know.

Best regards,

Christophe