[Accessforall] Towards a User Profile Ontology

Vassilis Koutkias vkoutkias at certh.gr
Mon Apr 2 13:03:17 UTC 2012

Dear all,

let me bring to your attention the User Profile Ontology that we are
building in the Cloud4All project. Relevant material has been posted in
the GPII Wiki: http://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Ontologies. The approach for
developing the ontology is inline with the REGISTRY that is currently
being developed, as conceptualized in the AccessForAll standardization
taskforce
(http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/ISO24751/Discussion+on+Profile+Structure).
Of course, several issues concerning the REGISTRY structure are still
under discussion (so, I am afraid some assumptions have been made in this
draft version of the ontology). In any case, we see the REGISTRY as the
core part of the User Profile Ontology.

Evidently, this first approach will advance in order to capture further
requirements. Please feel free to comment on this effort and particularly
concerning the following aspects:
- Do you see additional concepts that should be adopted/captured for
describing user profiles?
- Are there any proposals for introducing "conceptual views" of the
REGISTRY, in order to organize/group/annotate its contents, beyond what we
have currently elaborated via concepts like InteractionChannels (e.g. the
VisualInputInteractionChannel) and InteractionElements (e.g. a Window)?

I hope we will have the chance to spend some time on this effort during
tomorrow's 4-hour telco devoted to user profile standardization.

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
Vassilis

---